The attention of the Yoruba Youth Assembly, under the leadership of Hon. Olarinde Thomas, has been drawn to the illegal suspension of Hon. Tomide Akinribido,the Deputy Minority lewder of the Ondo State House of Assembly.
At an Emergency Meeting of the Yoruba Youth Assembly held on 5th August, 2020, The suspension of Hon. Tomide was carefully considered amongst other matters, after which, we arrived at some important resolutions as highlighted below, that:
1. The Yoruba Youth Assembly as the umbrella body of all Yoruba Youth organisations in Nigeria shall continue to implement its role towards the entrenchment of the principles of justice, fairness and good governance in the Southwest-Nigeria, inclusive of Ondo State.
2. Hon. Tomide Akinribido is a Yoruba Youth and a staunch believer in the Yoruba Youth Project. He has been a hardworking representative and vibrant ambassador of the Yoruba Youth Constituency.
3. We condemn in totality the illegal and fabricated suspension of Hon. Tomide Akinribido representing Ondo West Constituency (1), being the only ZLP member of the Ondo State House of Assembly, describing the orchestrated act as vicious and vindictive.
4. We wish to acknowledge the wonderful and matchless performances of H.E Governor Olusegun Mimiko as Governor, Ondo State between 2009 and 2017,especially in the areas of effective leadership and good governance; noting that we are proud of him and his history, charging the current government to emulate the leadership excellence in Dr R. Olusegun Mimiko and stop the politics of shenanigans, vendetta and hostility.
5. We are dissatisfied with the role of the Speaker of the Ondo State House of Assembly Rt. Hon. David Oleyelogun in the orchestration and supervision of this fabricated and manufactured suspension.
6. We, therefore, demand for the reversal of the illegal suspension and immediate reinstatement of Hon. Tomide Akinribodo without any further delay in the interest of justice, equity and fairness.
7. Finally, we wish to acknowledge the hitherto conduct of the youths of Ondo State, while anticipating a peaceful governorship election. Equally, we are seizing this moment to appeal further that the youth should shun violence and remain law-abiding in their conduct before, during and after the Ondo governorship election.
1. Olarinde Thomas (President)
2. Deji Oso (General Secretary)